The Future of the World Depends on How Openly We Work Together
Developing the WtERT Network to be an agile and transformative working community is an ongoing process. We therfore encourage all WtERT members and friends to discuss with us how WtERT will create and share knowledge to support sustainable waste management on a global scale.
The WtERT vision describes a pictorial target, a scenario in the future.
"We all live in a circular society where nothing is wasted."
The WtERT mission describes the purpose of our network and summarizes why it exists and the positive contribution we make to society and the environment.
The WtERT mission promotes the exchange of knowledge about the diversity of material AND energy recovery techniques aims to bring together the respective protagonists. However, WtERT does not shy away from pointing out possible solutions, such as when fiscal instruments would help or when political guidelines seem to be needed to speed up the closure of landfills (for untreated waste) and to stop wild dumping. All of these activities are aimed at reducing greenhouse gases worldwide and implementing sustainable waste practices.
The WtERT Values should reflect the basic beliefs of the people heading the WtERT national organizations. They express important emotional components of the WtERT identity as well as expectations: What does WtERT believe in?
- Valuing life!
- First environment - second individual interests.
- Most likely, there is already a solution to the problem somewhere in the world.
- Economics of projects must include the "external” environmental costs.
- Building knowledge requires communication, appreciation and co-creativity.
- Open Source!
- Sharing/ open to others that helps the regions and individuals on the best practices of waste management.
- Imagine the potential of a collective global brain concentrating on sustainable waste management.
- Power is gained from sharing knowledge, not from hoarding it.
Werner P. Bauer, Managing Director WtERT Germany GmbH